*A Topic is a subject-based chatroom. When you create a new Topic, you can choose it to be public or private according to the Topic’s purpose.
On the other hand, a Chat is used for more casual conversations among team members.
- All Members of the Team are able to join a public Topic.
- Any Member can join a public Topic by selecting a Topic listed on the [Browse other public topics] menu.
- A private Topic is not listed in the [Browse other public topics] menu.
- All private Topics will have a lock icon appear next to the Topic name.
- All files and messages shared on Private Topic will be accessible by the participating members only.(However, once a file in a private Topic has been shared to another topic, the file will be accessible to other members and lose its private status.)
- The Team Admin is unable to view or search a private Topic unless he or she has joined the Topic.
* Please remember that the topic type cannot be switched once you have created the topic.
- Up to 10 members can join one chat.
- An Associate cannot create a chat, but is able to join once a Member invites the Associate to the chat.
- Files and messages shared in a chat can only be viewed by the members in the chat.
(However, once the file has been shared to a public topic, the file will be accessible to other members outside the chat and will become a public file.)
- The Team Admin is unable to view or search a chat unless he or she has joined the chat.