There are two ways to share a file that is uploaded in JANDI.
You can save time because you don’t have to download and upload the file multiple times.
<Sharing files to a different Topic or Chat in JANDI>
1. Select the [...] icon next to the file you wish to share, and select [Share].
2. Select the Topic or Chat you wish to share the file.
Example ) If you want the ‘PTO Request’ file uploaded to the ‘Business Support Team’ Topic to be seen by those participating in the ‘Design Team’ Topic, you can share the file to the ‘Design Team’ topic directly. You can save time because you don’t have to upload the same file to multiple Topics. It’s very convenient since you can share not just the file but all the comments and discussions made on the file.
<Sharing Files Outside of JANDI>
1. Select the [...] icon next to the file you wish to share, and click on [Create public link].
2. Once the public link is generated, copy the URL and share it outside of JANDI.
* Click on the file name to view the file details. Here you can see where the file is shared in, and the file’s public link.
- Select the (x) located next to the ‘shared in (Topic Name)’ to unshare the file.
- If you want to delete the public link, select [...] and [Remove public link].
1. On the file details page, tap on the [...] icon and select [share] or [create public link].
Please remember that once the file is shared in a public Topic, any Member of the Team can view or search for the file.