Public files are files that are uploaded to a public Topic.
If you are a Member, you can still search files uploaded in a public topic that you are not participating in by setting your search filters to [All Rooms].
Private files are files that are uploaded to a private Topic, where only those who are participating in the Topic or the chat can view or search the files.
- How do you upload a private file?
: If you want your file to be a private file, make sure the Topic or the chat is private. Anything uploaded to a private chat room becomes a private file.
- How does a private file work?
: Members who are not participating in the private Topic or chats where the file is uploaded cannot search or view this file.
- Can you change a private file to a public file?
: If you share a private file to a public Topic, the file is no longer private and can be viewed and searched by all members in the Team.
- When you share the file to a public Topic, other Members in the team can view the comments under the file.
- Please keep in mind that once the file has become public, it cannot be turned back to private.
- Can the Team Admin view a private file?
: If the Team Admin is not currently participating in the Topic or chat the file is shared in, they cannot view or search the file.